Sunday, February 13, 2022

Thank You Card

Hello Friends!

I am sharing a Thank You card today. Its made out of left over scraps.

The dimensions of card are 7 X 11 cms after folding. So this may qualify as a Slim Line Card. When I am working with scraps, I don't stick to standard sizes. I don't want to cut off pieces if it is not necessary. Why waste the product as well as money?

Thank You Card

Thank You Card
As you can see the top folding is 1 cm less than the bottom fold, to show the chevron tape added to the inside of the bottom fold.

I drew the flowers with fine tipped black ink pen and then filled in the colours with inks pens. 

I did not use any fixative to protect the drawing. 

Then I cut off  using scalloped oval dies. 

Hand Drawn Flowers

Here is a closer look. I am not a great artist. I just doodle it. Moreover I am self taught so my skills are not that perfect.

Actually I doodled lot of flowers and other images sometime back on white card stock scraps. I prefer white card stock as base as they go easily with any other colours and can also be coloured if required.

You know I love to watch old movies with my mom in the afternoons. That's the time we spend together. So while watching it I sometimes take up the drawing and sketching activities. 

Also when I am not able to or don't feel like crafting, I prefer to create some of these so that I can use them later on as card toppers. 

Only problem is that if I don't space the images properly, it is quite difficult to die cut them. I am not so adept at fussy cutting.

Its good to have stock of such images as you can easily create a card in emergency.

Stamps are so costly, especially when they are branded ones. I can't spend so much money on them. It takes time to build a stash of craft materials. 

When I started crafting, there were not many online shops. The few shops were only selling branded stamps. So I prefer drawing my own images. 

Since the flowers were pink, I used matching pink coloured card stock. In fact I was too glad to use my florescent card stock. It is very difficult to use them in card making as colour combos are difficult to match.

Card Insert

For the card insert, I added a punched out matching pink paper.

Envelope

This is the matching envelope I made my self. It has punched border on the flap.

Card-Envelope

So this the final product. Hope you like them. Please do leave your comments/suggestions.

Thanks a lot for all your love and support. Please keep on supporting my work.

Materials Used:
  • Florescent Pink Card stock
  • White Card Stock Scrap
  • Chevron printed tape
  • Scalloped Oval Dies (unbranded)
  • Sentiment stamp
  • Black Ink
  • Light Pink coloured Paper For envelope and Insert
  • Small Border Punch
  • Corner Rounder Punch
Hand Drawn Flowers:
  • Black Ink pen Fine
  • Yellow, Pink, Green Colour Pens


Pin It

No comments: