Sunday, December 16, 2018

Card using pom poms

Hello friends!

Today it is so chilly here. We have had a heavy rain just the other day. With impending heavy rains because of the likely crossing of Phethai  Cyclone by tomorrow, we are busy  completing our chores before the rain hits us.

Today I am sharing with you a card I made sometime back. 



As usual, I used an A4 size card stock-cream coloured glittery one. Folded into half. I have used glitter adhesive tape as you can see above. 

I have stuck a square piece of basket weave hand made paper, metallic orange coloured with dimensional foam adhesive for the container. 

I inserted the flower making wire into the pompoms and glued it to the card, with their ends tucked into the container. Then I cut some leaves from green hand made card stock and arranged them so that they covered the stems of the pom poms. Then I added the butterfly sticker.

I made a tag with same cream coloured card stock, glued the ruffled orange coloured hand made paper scrap on to, then added the punched out butterflies from green, yellow and dark brown scraps. I tied it to the card with the orange satin ribbon.

I stamped the sentiment on to a separate card stock piece, punched the border and inked the edges using golden turmeric artistry ink.  Then attached it to the card with dimensional adhesive.

But I had tough time in keeping the basket weave square and the wires with pom poms glued to the card. They kept on falling off. I had to use some glue on to the dimensional adhesive. 

Hope you like this. 


Materials used:


  • Cream coloured glitter hand made card stock A4 size
  • Green coloured hand made paper scrap
  • Basket weave hand made paper
  • Ruffled hand made paper scrap(orange coloured)
  • Green, yellow and dark brown card stock scraps
  • Glitter tape self adhesive
  • Border punch small
  • Butterfly punch
  • Small butterfly puffy sticker
  • Small sized pompoms
  • Gold coloured flower making wire
  • Orange coloured satin ribbon
  • Self adhesive half pearl strip
  • Sentiment stamp
  • Black pigment ink 
  • Golden Turmeric artistry Ink
  • Single hole punch
  • Dimensional foam adhesive
  • Glue
  • Scissors



Pin It

No comments: