Sunday, January 3, 2021

Hello New Year


Hello Friends

Welcome to my blog.

Wish you all A Very Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year.

Hope this year is much much better. I am sure we are all happy to say good bye to 2020 and welcome 2021. 

I think we can never forget the year 2020. What an year it was! Locked down for so many months now. It is kind of depressing and stifling.  Couldn't go out freely. couldn't  visit friends relatives or neighbors. No schools. No festivals. No celebrations. We did not step out of our home for the past many months. We are also not allowing any one into our home. 

I lost some of my friends, some of my relatives and mentors due to covid. It was really a very depressing year.

Then there were heavy rains for days together. It was really difficult.

This year despite being home bound, I couldn't concentrate on my blog. Not many posts. First because of Corona and then my and my moms health also had to be taken care of.  

I thought at least from December 15th I could start again with my Rangoli Posts. But  then a part of my computer crashed and all my data was in it. At first we thought we couldn't retrieve it. But slowly we are retrieving  the data as much as we can. But it is a very slow process and takes ages to retrieve even a small folder.

I don't know how much of my data I can retrieve. 

Apart from this, I had to conduct online classes for my students. This is not so easy as compared to regular classes. It took me some time to get adjusted to this. Apart from that one cannot gauge the reactions of the students as we do them face to face. Time is a limiting factor. Sudden power cuts or internet problems add to the woes. So this year I could not keep up with my schedule as there were delays.

Every year I make some New Year resolutions like all of you. Last year every thing went haywire. Nothing could be planned or done according to the schedule despite best efforts. 

I hope I can do something this year. I am keeping my fingers crossed. Have so much to do this year. But our movements are restricted because of Corona. 

Many people lost their jobs, and for those who are lucky even payments are not in full. So we have to spend very carefully. 

Hope the New Year brings us happiness.  Hope I can achieve what I want to do this year.

We can only Pray  and Hope for the best, that's all.


Pin It

4 comments:

Renee said...

I'm sorry 2020 was such a hard year for you and so many other people. I hope things will be much better by the end of this new year.

Ms Sharma said...

Thank You. I too hope so.

Shami Immanuel said...

Yes 2020 was a difficult year with lot of lessons for life. Hope this new year brings more health and happiness. I am waiting for the schools to reopen. Such a difficult thing to make my kids to keep in touch with their syllabus(atleast).Hope everything will be normal again.

Ms Sharma said...

I too hope so. Thanks for stopping by my blog.