Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Day -17-30 Day Coloring Challenge

Hello there!

Sorry, I have been busy.  Me and my students are well into our revision for the final exams next month.

My net is still slow and on and off.

The day temperatures are rising and it is too very hot, considering it is still winter till March first week. I have to take care of my plants as it is like mid summer. It is that hot.

Because of my slow internet, I am unable to edit my images and post frequently.

Any way here is my effort for Day-17.

I am trying various coloring mediums to just see which ones come out better.


Here is the same motif, which I used previously. This was stamped on white ivory card stock using black pigment ink.

I used fine line marker pens-0.4mm point. I wanted to see how it would look. Obviously these pens are meant for drawing or detailing and not coloring. 

It was difficult to achieve any shading with these pens as they were fine tipped. May be I don't know how to work with them yet. I did try in the second row of petals and also the leaves but I am not satisfied with the result. 

I had to draw lines very closely to color each petal and by the time, I finished, the top layer of the card stock , was peeled off. :). 

If you touch the surface, you can feel the rough texture. 

May be I should have just filled up the motif with fine lines instead of trying to color it. What do you say?

I definitely need to work with these pens to get a feel of them. 


Here is a closer look. I did not like the way it turned out. 

Any suggestions on this?

Well the challenge is coming to an end. so I need to post my images quickly. Just watch out for more.


Pin It

No comments: