Thursday, February 9, 2012

Chevron Stitch-1


TAST-2012-6th Week-Chevron Stitch

Chevron Stitch belongs to herringbone stitches family. Its been long time for me since I touched this stitch. Now that Sharon has chosen Chevron stitch for this weeks challenge, I seized the opportunity to experiment with it. 

Here is my first batch:

1-3: Chevron Stitch with different lengths of spacing
4. Chevron Stitches with beads
5. Chevron Stitch worked closely
6. Laced Chevron Stitch
7. Chevron with detached Chain Stitch
8. Chevron Stitches
9. Cheron with Bullion
10. Chevron with beads
11. Chevron pattern
12. Chevron with Herringbone

Well there is more to be explored. I was just getting the rhythm of the stitch. Keep watching my blog for updates.......

Oh by the visit Sharon TAST Page for the details of how to work the stitch and also look at the comments where the participants have left their site/blog addresses. if you visit their pages, the creativity is really worth looking at and learning. Thank you Sharon for giving all of us this opportunity  to unite and show case our work. I am enjoying visiting others pages and learning from their work.



10 comments:

Connie said...

So many variations and extensions,
all stitched beautifully! Connie.gledn

Faith said...

I would not have guessed that this was your first time doing this stitch!! #4 is my favorite.

Isabelle said...

Your sampler is very interesting and very complete. great work !

Ms Sharma said...

Thanks a lot Connie, Faith and Isabelle

celle qui rĂªve said...

complete exploring ! Wow !

Arlene Delloro said...

You certainly did some wonderful experimenting with this stitch. I always love to add beads to my stitches.

Siri said...

Nice variations

Asha Jamwal said...

Just 2 words: awesome and complete!
I love embroidery.And your blog is full of idea.Thanks for sharing this idea.

Golden Stitch

Ms Sharma said...

Thanks Asha

Ms Sharma said...

Thanks a lot Julia for taking time to visit my blog and leave your comment