Sunday, January 28, 2018

Sham Bonsai

Hi friends, Hope you are all doing well.

I am here after a long long time. I have had a lot of things happening which why I could not be in touch with you.

For the past three months I have been in bed most of the time.  I am slowly recovering but it is not easy-can't sit for long and can't type, can't walk much. So I am mostly at home, doing nothing. What pinches me most is that I cannot pursue  any of my crafts. It is frustrating and boring to just lay in bed and do nothing.

Time seems to be flying. How 2017 turned into 2018 I cannot remember. Already February is approaching. 

Like all New years, this year too I had a long list of resolutions, Dos and Don'ts. One of them being be in touch with you and post frequently. But due to my health conditions, I have to give  priority to getting well as soon as possible. Please pray for me. I know you will and your best wishes are always with me. 

Thanks a lot for your support and motivation. You have always been my strength and my motivation.

Somehow today, I decided I will make a start. Well here I am.

Here is a little experiment of mine, I attempted before I fell ill. I call it as sham bonsai, as the plants are not really bonsai. That is what I think. I don't know whether I am correct or not as I don't know the name of the plants.


These are two plants I picked up long back on one of my visits to nursery. I don't know what their name is. May be they are used as hedge plants. I tried searching on net but was not successful. 

If any one of you know please let me know.


When I saw these plants, I realised that I could with a little effort, I could make them look like bonsai. So I left them in their growth posts for a few weeks and then changed them into bonsai trays.

These plants don't require much care - just water, a little bit of nutrients and a little pruning. I have left them in the open where they can get sunlight at least for one hour  daily. 

Here I placed a figurine of Shirdi Sai Baba. It is completely sealed off in an acrylic dome. So no problem with water.
Here are the two small doll houses I found, while cleaning one of the trunk boxes with my collections of dolls. Some of my collection made of wood or fabric was entirely eaten away by termites. Some were damaged beyond repair.

These houses were also completely covered with mud built by termites. I scraped it off, washed in water. You can see they make a perfect match for the plant.


 Here is one more way I tried with the houses and figurine.

Take a closer look at the house. It is made up of thin Decolam sheets glued together. The sheets were damaged, curled and were beyond repair. So, I took some photo graphs and threw them away. I felt sad but then, we have to make way for some new things.

Hope you like them.

I will try my best to post.

Pin It

No comments: