Thursday, May 5, 2016

Birthday Card

Hi friends, I went shopping with my niece. It was so very hot- we had our tongues hanging out :) like my dog. But we had fun. I am posting all that separately. But because of that shopping in the hot summer afternoon, I was down with fatigue and low energy levels for last two days. 

For now, I am continuing my hand made cards series. Here is my fourth card.

I started with a of-white(cream coloured) textured card stock. I had bought a bunch of them as no other material was available in local markets. So I have to exhaust this stock. 

I had some printed tape. Which I used on the card. Then I used a few punched flowers and leaves, after shaping them. I stuck some crystals and faux pearls in the flowers.This is how it looked.

Then I added a fairy- a dimensional sticker. I have tons of them which I bought for a project with kids and have a lot left over. I could not take a pic at this stage. It looked good.

Then I added sentiments- clear stamps just bought the other day when I went shopping with my niece. I stamped directly on to the card using orange ink and green ink which I bought along with the stamps. 

I was apprehensive and doubtful for trying it out directly on to the card. I was thinking of stamping on a separate sheet and then add to the card. I din't do that and now I don't like the way it turned out. Especially the green one (Happy Birthday) I had to write on it with a green glitter pen as, because of the textured background, the stamping was not clean. 

Then I did the most foolish thing. I wanted to try out the distressing technique using my newly bought distress inks. 

I used one of the colours and distressed the edges of the card. I don't have much experience with this technique. So I din't like the result especially the bottom part of the card, which had some big blotches of ink, which was accidental . So I had to cover it up with tape. Now I don't like the look of the card. But I am satisfied with punch craft part as they turned out very beautifully.


I am not going to use this card. I will simply keep it in my stash for future reference. 

After this episode, I learned some lessons the hard way.  I realised I need to practise and perfect any technique before using it. I am new to stamping and distressing. I need to learn and practise a lot. 

Material used:

Textured Card Stock
Printed Tape
Punches 
Punch papers
Crystals and faux pearls
Clear stamps
Pigment Ink and Distressed Ink
3D sticker of fairy
Glue

Keep an eye for more posts......

Do leave your comments, suggestions and thoughts and any tips and tricks that can help me to learn this craft....


Pin It

4 comments:

Ranjana's craft blog said...

Lovely card.I' planning to make some with distress ink. Will make it soon.

Ms Sharma said...

Thank You Ranjana

Arti said...

Wow! Such a beautiful card, so love the fairy touch. Never heard about distressing technique, thank you for sharing.

Ms Sharma said...

Thank you Arti