Sunday, January 9, 2011

A Request

Oh I wanted to post some very special Sankranthi Muggulu used during this month of Dhanur Maasam. Well, one thing is I have forgotten most of them. So I need to recollect. My stash of all those old note books, cuttings from papers - mine, my mothers and granny's and also my aunts are all some where. I need to search them and put them all together in one place. This means I have to wade through a very dusty and huge dump of papers books and what not. The little time I am getting these days, I feel so lazy. Its very cold-unusually cold here and I feel like taking rest instead of organising my paper cuttings and other things.

Secondly I need to write on different patterns and what they mean. For that I need to do a little research. This is difficult as these days most of the people go in for the more stylish designs on various themes drawn using dots. these designs are easy to colour and look beautiful. But the actual special ones drawn using the help of lines are more geometrical and cannot be filled with colours. Though they have a beauty of their own, todays generation have almost forgotten them. They have special significance -religious, traditional and symbolic. We can still find them in front of some houses in small towns and villages. But I could not visit my native place during this time.

Well I am going to first post all those I remember. I will search for my collection. However, I request those from Andhra or other Southern States who have knowledge of these special designs to kindly send me those designs to my email id and any thing about them (what they mean, why they are drawn etc) you can share. 


I am collecting those old forgotten designs specially meant for Dhanur Maasam and Sankranthi. I would be really grateful if you can send me what you know. I want to preserve them for the next generations. Already a lot of such designs have been lost. So please help me.


Keep track of my posts as I am going to post those special designs from now on...

No comments: