Saturday, April 20, 2019

Gate Fold Card


Hi Friends!

It rained heavily here. Along with the rain there were some strong winds. I am thankful for the rain, as my plants have some respite from the heat. Nothing can substitute rain water for plants. 

Well here is a gate fold card I am sharing with you today. A simple one. It was confusing at first as to how to score for the folds. I started with an A4 size card stock. So I had to trim the length to get proper measurements for the folds. Else I was finding it difficult with the fractions and decimals. :)

Anyway now I got the hang of this particular fold. What I figured out was it was better to have the length in whole numbers instead of fractions. Better to trim off that little extra instead of trying to figure out the measurements.


This is a simple gate fold card. This one is my first card of this fold. I have used A4 size card after trimming the fractional part in the length. The card stock I have used as base is hand made with pink and silver marble design. 

I have used printed craft paper of A4 size cut to fit the folds on either side.

I have used die cuts for the sentiment.

This was an easy card to make, once I figured out the measurements for the folds.




This is the inside of the card. I have glued a thin white card stock on the center panel for writing the message.

Materials Used:
  • Pink and silver marble designed handmade card stock A4 size
  • Scraps of white card stock and pink hand made paper stock
  • A4 size printed craft paper
  • Sizzix Framelits-Circle Scallops
  • Sentiment and flower stamps
  • Black and red inks for stamping
  • Glue


Hope you like this card. Watch out for more on my blog...

No comments: