Thursday, February 21, 2019

Day-15-30 Day Coloring Challenge

Hi Friends!

Posting after long time. Sorry I have been busy. My niece and some of my students are writing pre-finals of the school final exam. The finals will be board exam in March. This is crucial for them and me as this is the basis on which they get the +2 admissions in colleges. Students of other classes are also preparing for their finals. 

Teaching Maths is always a challenge. No matter how much hard work I do as a teacher and also by the students, the students have this block in their minds against Maths. They perform so well here but in the exam due to some silly mistakes, they loose some marks. 

Still I made some time for experimenting with various coloring techniques. This is what I actually wanted to do in the first place - to try out various techniques of coloring and also mediums.

I also had problem with my Internet. I have to take the photos of my work and edit it before posting on my blog. This does take some time.Actually this part is where I procrastinate ll the time. Because of this, I could not upload daily. 

So I thought I would jump onto Day 15 directly.

I have limited my self to do very small motifs, as I cannot hold anything in my hand for more than a minute and it takes a long time for me to colour even these motives. But still I want to try and exercise my hand as much as possible.


OK, Here it is. I have used this motif. Stamped with black ink and used colour pencils. I have stamped these motifs on white card sheet for experimenting. I may of may not finally use them in my cards or scrap-booking. 

I still need to practise a lot this medium - using of colour pencils before I get it right or at least to my satisfaction. After a long time I am using this technique again. 

What do you think? 

I am having problem with shading the background. Any suggestions or links to tutorials in this regard is what I am hoping to hear from you. 

I have seen some very beautiful entries from other artists, I was not able to comment much. But now I will take time to visit more. It is such a good learning experience for me. So much of talent and so many creative works

I will also post other days work shortly.


Pin It

No comments: