Sunday, May 29, 2016

Birthday Card

Here is one more birthday card. I am making these cards in advance and keeping them ready. Once the schools an colleges start, I will be busy with my students once again. I have to be prepared for many birthdays and other occasions now. 



Okay, now about this card- I used a cream coloured textured card stock as base.This is one layered simple fold card. I used blue glitter tape and cartoon sticker. I think they are Cinderella and Snow White. 

I made this card with a little girl in my mind. I think she may like the card with these characters. I also kept the card very simple. I don't think children may like too much fancy card. I will print out the message and attach it just before I give away the card. So I kept it blank inside.

Actually I made this card some time ago. I had very few sentiment stamps. Recently I bought some sentiment stamps. So I had to try them out.  

I stamped the "May all your dreams come true" in rainbow colours (I believe that dreams are always colourful) and Happy Birthday in blue colour. 

But since it was a textured card, the stamping was fuzzy in some places. I touched up with colour pens. Matching the right colour was a problem. But in the end I did my best.

Then I attached the crystals and pearls underneath the sentiments.

There it is. My card is ready. 

I have to make the envelopes- for many cards. I am putting it of as I am not able to find matching stationery to make them. May be I will have to settle for white in the end?

Any idea which paper to use for that? 


Materials used:

Textured cream coloured card stock
Cartoon Sticker
Blue glitter self adhesive tape
Multi coloured and Blue coloured Inks 
Self adhesive crystals/faux pearls
Sentiment Stamps



I am also making other cards and keeping them ready. I will be posting them in my future posts.



Pin It

4 comments:

G.AruljothiKarikalan said...

The card is beautiful.... the rainbow colour wordings is cute... i use to make cards before marriage.... now its been 10 years.... i stopped making it... by seeing this i wish i'll at least do one card.... inspired me.. :)

Ranjana's craft blog said...

Lovely card! The girl whoever gets this will definitely love this card.

Ms Sharma said...

Arul, Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving your comment.

Please do make some cards and post on your blog. I am looking forward to it. You are a very creative person. I went through your blog. Great work. Keep it up.

Ms Sharma said...

Ranjana Thank you so much.