Thursday, March 12, 2015

Jade Bonsai

Hi Friends, It is getting hotter here. The day temperatures are rising day by day. So we are on our way to summer. Now and then we are having some cloudy days with a few showers of rain.

I was not able to take as much care of my garden as I planned for. So Now I am hurrying up with the last leg of gardening that I can carry out before the onset of summer. I still have a bit of sprucing up to do.

Thank God! because of the showers, the plants are able to survive the temperatures. Next week as we will be celebrating our New Year Ugadi, Mother Nature is gearing up with new, shoots, flowers and fruits to welcome it.

Well do you remember the Jade Bonsai, I had? 


Well I lost it, last summer, when I was not able to take care of it with my ill health. It is really tragic, when you loose one of your plants. But in spite of proper caring, we still loose some.

I once again bought two little jade plants. One of them I made like this.


The other one is still in training pot. The above plant is also still very small. But it already looks like a miniature tree after pruning and shaping it. Still it needs time to grow into a proper Bonsai.

Well I am keeping my fingers crossed for a round of showers, so that my garden will get some respite from the heat....

Pin It

4 comments:

letslearnembroidery said...

Those bonsais must be really expensive!

Mahalaya said...

Jade can be very fragile! We have a huge type of Jade which almost died just from when we bought our home and moved it...the culprit was all of my children, they loved the plant so much that each day, all 8 had been watering it! Jade can not handle that well at all. We had 12 inches of snow on the ground for the past weeks...but finally the weather is clearing and maybe we will see Spring. I am rooting for you and your Jade to be successful! <3

Ms Sharma said...



Thanks for visiting my site and leaving a comment.

I like your blog and your work

Bonsais are expensive i fully trained and very old. depending upon the age, if they are smaller, they are not that costly. Any way, I buy small plants or trees that are easily available and then train them into Bonsais.

But this needs lot of patience and care. Its like bringing up small children.

Ms Sharma said...

Mahalaya thanks for stopping by my blog.
Thanks a lot for your wishes.
Yes Jade does not tolerate excess watering. I also learnt the hard way.

I hope you will see the spring soon...