Tuesday, June 12, 2012

My Fabric Painting

These days I am spring cleaning. I am going through everything, books, my papers, most of all my clothes-weeding out what I feel is not necessary or worn out. But you know what- some how most of it again creeps back into my closet or storage space, Some I feel I can't throw and some my mom feels so. It happens every time I start spring cleaning. But this time I am really weeding out some of it.

Well during the process I am organising my hobby projects-many unfinished but some finished ones. I am trying to draw a to do list so that I can finish off all my pending projects.

Here is one of my finished projects-fabric paint on odhni(scarf) done for my sis long time back. I even forgot it. Actually there was a time, I was much into painting- any sorts-from doors, windows, grills to fabric, paper....:). It is easy to paint than hand embroidery. These days, I don't have the time and I prefer to use natural light for painting.

Hmmm the above was a scene from  ancient Egyptian murals. I used very bright colours. My sis wanted something unique to wear for a get together in her college. I painted this on a white cotton scarf. Hope you like it.

I should take up painting once again....I love the feel of the brush on my fingers and playing with colours..there is a something soothing  in the act of painting, body, mind and soul...engrossed in it...I miss it very much...




6 comments:

Ranjana's craft blog said...

The Painting is very nice...

viji said...

Fine work. Like to see your works. Give a hand dear.
viji

Ms Sharma said...

Thanks a lot Viji ad Ranjana

Unknown said...

It is superb dear.. I loved it a lot and lot.. Sure i will try on my dresses. I too do some fabric paintings and it will be great help to develop me more, by comments from seniors like you.. http://riyakathir.blogspot.com this is my blog. I am following you dear.. If you like my creations, please hit follow in my blog.. Thank you.. I will be a regular follower here..

Ms Sharma said...

Thanks Riya for your compliments

Anonymous said...

Very Beautiful