Saturday, March 17, 2012

Whipped Wheel-1

TAST-2012-11th Week-Whipped Wheel

This weeks challenge announced by Sharon is Whipped Wheel. Here is the link you can visit her page:

Though I knew about the whipped and woven wheels I never had a chance to explore them much. I also don't have much practice. But they both are very easy to stitch. Here are my first attempts. I need lot of doodling before I can think of something creative.

Any way I am using various other stitches (as per TAST rules)in combination with this stitch. Let us see how far I am successful.


I started with straight stitch base. Then Fly stitch and two Straight  Stitches.

Here I completed the whipping and in the second one I added a chain circle.
 This was my second one. 

 This is Detached Chain.
 This one is again fly stitch.
 This one is done on a base of Detached Chain Stitch.
I ended up adding some beads. 
This one is Pistil Stitch.
This is the whipped wheel on a frame work pf pistil stitch.


Well with heavy power cuts, severe back pain, I am not able to do much. But I will try and keep you p[posted.


6 comments:

Annet said...

Lovely variations!

Kathy said...

Beautiful work. Thank you! Thank you! I struggled with this stitch. Your post with pictures of variations is very helpful to me.

Ms Sharma said...

Thanks a lot Kathy and Annet

Faith said...

I love the variations and appreciate your showing how you've made them.

Ms Sharma said...

Thank you Faith

Revathi said...

Wow! Beautiful work. Nice variations