Monday, March 19, 2012

Shisha (Mirror) Work-4


Frame Work Stitches-2


I have been wanting to post this for long. But photographing the shisha is really difficult. I wanted my photographs to be clear. Moreover writing the tutorials is also a bit difficult since the elaborate explanations should be simple and clear. Hope you are able to understand my posts.

My previous posts on this topic are here:

Continuing from my previous posts...

2. Square Frame: This is the traditional or most used method. I am posting for a circular Mirror. But the same goes well with a square mirror. Look at the pictures below:

Stick the mirror where you want to stitch it. Or if you can hold it with you fingers,  it is well and good
Bring the thread from under the fabric at A and insert at B making a long straight stitch. Again take out C and bring down at D.
Take out the thread to the surface at E and bring it under the fabric at F.

Finally take out the thread on to the surface of fabric at G and bring down at H. With this we have finished one square frame. But we need to stitch one more square frame intersecting this one.
 So start at I and finish it off as shown below.
This is the basic frame. For paillettes we can stop with this as they are very light and if the frame is tight they will not fall off. But for mirrors, we need to cover the rough edges as they will damage the fabric and also may be dangerous for the person wearing the dress. There are many ways or varieties of stitches covering the edges which I will be posting in the next posts.


3. Rectangular Frame:

This is stitched like in the above one. But here the frame is in the shape of rectangle. This is used for square as well as round mirrors.


4. Sri Chakra or Triangular or Six point Star Frame:


This is stitched the same way as in Square Frame. But instead of four only three stitches per frame are used. This is suitable only for round mirrors.


I hope my tutorials are clear. If they are not or you have any doubts, please mail me...


Wait for more posts.....on mirror work....

7 comments:

Peggy said...

So much knowledge and information you have and share! Shisha work is one more technique I will have to add to my list of things to learn. Thank you for generosity!!

Ms Sharma said...

Thanks a lot Peggy

Madhavi said...

These tutorials are very helpful. I am waiting for the next posts. Please keep posting Di

Faith said...

This is very helpful! I can see what you are doing much better than my book shows.

Ms Sharma said...

Thanks a lot Faith. I just want to share with you all what little I know.

Anonymous said...

So easy to understand

Ms Sharma said...

Thank you so much for taking time to appreciate my work.