Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Learning Banjara embroidery


Hi guys. I am recovering my strength slowly. So I have started slowly going through my stash of paper cuttings, books, craft supplies and what not. There is a lot to go through, organise, classify and properly store them. You know every time I start doing that, after some time, I pick up some paper cuttings or a book and start leafing though them. I become engrossed in them so much that I forget what I am doing...:). It happens every time no matter how strict I try to be. So I never ever finish sorting them. That is a real problem.

Oh I am learning Banjara(Gypsy) Embroidery. Well I am very excited about it. But need to work a lot on that first

I have to work on my jewellery too as I have lots to do. Some coloured seed beads here:

Such beautiful colours . These beads are available in many colours. The cut ones are costly but look very beautiful as they reflect light and hence shine. But stringing them is quite  different matter. I have many projects were I have readied my design and bought every thing required, but need to work on them. Let us see....

I have bought some very beautiful pendants along with Meenakari and some ceramic beads.   ...So watch out for more on these things and may more.....


2 comments:

Deepa said...

Lovely beads,Sailaja. Would you make some neck chains for me? I wear cotton saris to college and I would love to have some medium length neck pieces with pendants.

Ms Sharma said...

Thank you Deepa. Sure and will let you know.