Friday, October 14, 2011

Friday-Free Patterns

Kalamkari Butterfly

I could not post free patterns for quite some time now. But from this Friday I am going to post them regularly. So watch out. All my patterns are unique and created from the inspirations I get from the textile art, temple art or other such Indian art.


This time it is a butterfly.This is Kalamkari art. You know that Kalamkari is the art of drawing on fabric with pen. I have been receiving so many requests for Kalamkari designs. I have collected some designs. I will be posting them when i can.

This butterfly can be used for painting or embroidery. Chain, running stitch, satin will look very good.  Well what do you say? Which stitches can be used for this motif?

Try it out and let me know what you think of this motif


No comments: