Monday, August 9, 2010

Indian Villages-5

Hi friends. Here are some shots of village life in India. I could only take them from moving vehicle as we were speeding along the high way. How I wish I could stop my vehicle and go around. Perhaps one day I will find time to do so.













Green fields surrounded by hillocks in the back, trees especially the palms. You can see the palm standing as a lone sentinel in the midst of the field. The dried palm leaves are used for thatching. But most important is the palm toddy for which these trees are grown.


We come across so many temples on our way. Every village or settlement will have at least a small shrine for one God or Goddess. Indians are religious and spiritual. This is the Mukha Dwara or the gateway to the temple. You can see Lord Venkateswara also known as Balaji who is revered as Kaliyuga Daivam (Lord). There are also HIS Chakra (Disk) and Sankha (Conch shell). The gate way is so colourful.You can see the temple in the background.
Here is one of the lumber yard. A shelter with tin roof and a cart with its load.
A group of trees providing shade in the midst of a field. The people working there might be sitting in the shade enjoying the cool breeze and their breakfast or lunch.













Another stretch of fields. You can see the farmer in the distance just making sure that every thing is ok.
This is a brick making unit. You can see the bricks in the process.

I have many more to share with you. But I need to properly give them a shape and write about them. I will some time this week may be.

No comments: